By Dale Peterson
This Semaphore Signal Arm ca. 1930 - 1940 predates modern, lighted turn signals. Back in its day, these swing arms were manually operated to tell other drivers of impending turns. It no linger is mounted to the side of a truck cab but sits on a military green box. A carefully placed toggle switch activates a small lamp.